Kids fall. Kids get hurt. Kids get bumps, bruises and cuts. I know this, but still I didn't want
my kid to get all of these battle wounds. We've been doing really well so far. Harrison's hit his head and had a little pink bump. I've nicked him a couple times with the nail clippers (those things are impossible!). But other than that, he's stayed pretty cut-free. However the element of the pool has changed that a bit. Harrison has had 3 (smaller) pool injuries this summer and 1 at Science City.
First up, Science City vs. Harrison. Harrison has a new fascination with steps and curbs. While exploring on his own at Science City, he kinda bit it on a curb and scratched his nose pretty good. Don't mind the screaming baby... that has a teeny bloody nose... We got him all fixed up and distracted him with some animals. Within 5 minutes he was fine. I tried taking a picture with my phone but you couldn't really tell anything was wrong. Poor guy!
 |
| I'm so a stable walker... Right.. |
Injury entry #2 - Baby pool vs. Harrison. While wondering between two kiddie pools at the city pool, Adam and I were walking behind Harrison. He tried "entering" the baby pool on his own. We haven't really worked on going down steps... Harrison basically did a somersault into the pool and scratched up his left leg. Once he calmed down and we fed him a snack, everything was fine. I think Adam and I felt worse than Harrison did. I didn't even make eye contact with the lifeguard. I'm sure he/she was thinking "parent fail!" To our defense, those little legs move
fast!
 |
| I swear in real life it looked worse. |
And for our third/fourth injury report - Pool concrete vs. Harrison. (As if concrete
ever wins...) Yes Harrison is a walker, but he is not 100% stable. Sometimes he gets going too fast and his feet can't keep up with his body. Of course add water into that mix and watch out! Harrison has fallen twice - once in the pool and once outside by the fountains. Luckily it was nothing major but both times he scratched up his left knuckles.
 |
| Check out my knuckles. Totally adds to my street cred. |
I'm so not looking forward to any more cuts, bruises, etc... It hurts me to look at these scratches. Is it too late to just put him in a bubble? I could wrap him in bubble wrap too...
That paranoid mom,
~Emily
No comments:
Post a Comment