Thursday, May 30, 2013

Strawberry Pickin'

   Being the oldest in my family, I know how important it is for Adam and me to take time to do something special with just Harrison. Adam was able to take him to the park and on some special errands while Finley and I were figuring things out. The only thing that was missing was a Mommy/Harrison date!
From the Daddy/Harrison Zoo day!  
   Last weekend Harrison and I checked out a local you pick strawberry farm while Nana watched Finley. Um.. It was AMAZING! The weather actually cooperated too. We got there before lunch and went to town picking delicious strawberries. We even met up with some friends from church!
Mommy's strawberry helper.
   Harrison really enjoyed carrying around our flag that we used to mark where we finished. 
I'm surprised that flag didn't poke an eye out :0)
  Harrison was very good at pointing out the red strawberries and reminding me "don't pick the green ones Mommy." 
A few of our strawberries had a nice finger print in them...
   Of course we had a try a few. Quality control. 
He ate half of our box (after we paid!) as a snack.
Thank goodness I put him in dark clothes.
   Harrison got a fun strawberry sticker too! 
Cheese! Literally he says that so loud for every picture.
   After our picking adventure we headed over to the hay bales. Really thankful for the parents that were up there - they helped Harrison a few times when he got stuck in between the bales. 
My big boy looks small up there!
(No I didn't let him climb to the very top.) 
   We packed up the remaining strawberries and headed home for lunch and a nap. After his nap Harrison asked if we were going back! I'm so happy we could have some fun together. 
With my big boy!

Strawberries, vanilla ice cream and cool whip anyone?! Don't mind if I do. 
~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment