Monday, January 12, 2015

O is for...

I know it's backwards but let's do October! Might as well right? We started October with some fall rain. 
Yeah for puddles (at daycare!).
Harrison also had his Fall Festival at preschool. They set up games and had an obstacle course in the basement. That's his favorite!
The infamous obstacle course!
The classrooms had different crafts and activities.

A corn sensory table.
And it isn't a preschool function without a fire truck! Last year the truck got a call and had to leave early so we were excited to tour this one!
Being a tough guy!
I went to a conference the first weekend in October so Adam got to play super Dad and took the kiddos to the mall to play.

They love each other so!
The next 2 weeks of October were all about cheering on the Royals to the World Series! I can't ever remember being so excited to baseball!
A playoff game with my mom - yes they won!

Seriously amazing!

We had the best weather for our games!

KU basketball coach - Bill Self. I about wet myself. 
After we clinched the AL spot in the World Series we relaxed a little and enjoyed a Deanna Rose outing.
The token waterfall picture!

Feeding the fish.

She's almost tall enough!
As we were out and about, it was so exciting to see how proud KC was of the Royals! Holy Blue October!
Crown Center fountains.

At Deanna Rose!
We took Pawpaw to Legoland on one of my days off! Harrison had so much fun showing off!

Walking around with Pawpaw after Legoland.
We visited the pumpkin patch!
Waiting for our wagon ride to start. 
Big slide!

Yes red boots and yes, she's saying cheese.
Then we geared up for the World Series. I was at the World Series. Do you know how crazy that is to say?
Adam was out of town for Game 2 so I got to bring a friend. Mom's night out!

Such an amazing experience!
It wasn't the outcome the city/country wanted but it was one of the coolest sporting things I've ever experienced! By the time it was all over the city was ready for a weekend of just sleeping. Staying up until 12-12:30am each game night was intense!

Finally we snapped out of our Blue October just in time for Halloween! Harrison was an army soldier and a ninja turtle. Finley was a lady bug. We also went to Boo at the Zoo! 
We trick-or-treated at a nursing home.

We did trunk or treating at preschool! 
This is dress up at daycare - we did go trick or treating too!
All in all, October was pretty phenomenal! We did a lot! No wonder I'm still tired :0)
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment