Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Harrison the fish!

   So like I've mentioned before, I signed Harrison up for swim lessons. Hysterical it was! Our city offers swim lessons for 6mos - 3yr olds. We met for two weeks, four days a week, 30 minutes for each session. I know exactly what you're thinking. What exactly does one do in these swim lessons? Well, we worked on front float (while singing ABC's), back float (to Twinkle Twinkle), kicking, blowing bubbles, climbing in/out of the pool using the ladder, walking into the pool in the zero depth area, jumping in (sliding off the edge for us), and going under!
Hi everyone! I'm actually waving to Grandma!
   Why did we do it? Well Adam and I decided that our own memories of swim lessons were a bit traumatic so we were hoping if we started early with Harrison he'd be a better swimmer than either of us. Plus since we do take annual trips to the beach, we thought the sooner he can swim, the better. Don't get me wrong though - he's no Michael Phelps... yet...
So this is the pool...
   The first day was a bit rough. I think half of the kids were crying - the water was cold. The second day was way better and so it went for 2 weeks. I think Harrison had a great time floating around. He would splash the water, drink the water, kick, and screech (yep that high pitch noise was from my kid...).
Yeah back float's not really my deal.
   We were super excited that our friend Tammy and her son Cade were able to take lessons with us! Grandma M. came out to a few lessons to watch Harrison's progress (and laugh). Adam was able to come up too and took some great pictures and an action video. I was very impressed with the patience and flexibility with our instructors and would definitely do it again!
I can walk in pretty far!
Well we're off - gotta work on that darn back float!
Momma Fish 
~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment