I think by nature women tend to be a bit more outgoing than men. We talk...
a lot - about jobs, family, husbands, kids, friends, books, movies, clothes, shoes, sales, furniture, food... The list just goes on. Men are different. I'm pretty sure they can sit in silent with a beer in hand while watching football/baseball/basketball. Women go out of their way to make new friends. Men are cool with being in the background. So when Adam thought about signing up to play on a men's softball team I was pumped! Seriously how much fun would that be?!
 |
| The team! |
Adam asked some of my coworkers to play and a some of his new dad friends from our church. (Most of the wives are in my moms group.) He was set. "Scoring Since Birth" made their softball debut on Sunday, June 10th. They lost the first game and had a few growing pains but came back to win the second game!
 |
| There's Adam throwing the first pitch. |
I'm pretty sure all the guys have had a great time and discovered muscles they didn't know they had. We've had a few injuries along the way too - ask Adam about the time he got pegged in the leg or "pulled a hammy" trying to get a double then fell scrapping himself up.
 |
| Go Daddy!! |
Each Sunday the team played a double header at a local park.
 |
| Cheering on the batters. |
Moms would bring the kiddos to burn some energy while getting completely covered in dirt.
 |
| What? We're just digging in the dirt... |
So what if they guys won maybe just one game. It was fun to cheer them on and I'd like to believe they all had a great time. If nothing else, it got the guys talking and I'm pretty sure they all looked forward to going out for a drink afterwards.
 |
| Alright, Austin's for a drink? |
Until next season and don't forget to keep the ice close!
No comments:
Post a Comment