Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Four weeks ain't nothing!

   So as you may remember Harrison was born a lovely four weeks early. Even though he was a good size 36 weeker (I swear it's a medical term, the nurse even said it herself!), he's been having quite the time trying to catch up to his full term friends in the weight department.
 
Case in point: Here are Harrison's stats to date complete with the occasional percentiles.

Birth: 5lbs 15oz and 19in
1 wk: 5lbs 12.1oz
2 wk: 6lbs 2 oz
1 mos: 7lbs (<5%) and 21.25in (50%)
2 mos: 9lbs 9.6oz (8-10%) and 23.5in (75%)
4 mos: 12lbs 7oz and 25.25in
6 mos: 14lbs 9.6oz (7%) and 26.5in (50%)

And finally,
9 mos: 19lbs (25%) and 29.5in (88%)!!
On the left a picture from June (2mos), the right is a picture from January (9mos). 

   I'm not going to lie. I felt like Harrison has weighed 30 lbs for the last 2 months. That is part of the reason we have already switched him to his convertible car seat. I could barely lift him in and out of my car let alone carry him around. So I cannot imagine what a "normal" baby must feel like. I am super excited that he has started to catch up. I know that 36 weeks barely qualifies him as a preemie but still, it took us a long time to get to this weight!! He is about the size I was as a 10 month old (according to my mom. However, she had also mixed up my brother's and my birth weight our entire lives...so whatever.)
   On the development front, Harrison has not started crawling or pulling up on his own. But you know what? I'm okay with that. I'm not ready to baby proof the poop out of our house - which was built before all of the baby safety codes. I'm not ready for him to start climbing out of his crib. And I'm really not ready for him to start conquering all of our stairs...ugh... He'll get there when he gets there. I've actually stopped reading all of the baby books. They kind of make me paranoid. Is Harrison hitting his milestones? The book said he should be clapping, why isn't he? Oh my gosh, did you know he's supposed to be making dinner by now? I mean the stuff can be overwhelming. I've learned that Harrison usually gets there on his own time which is at the end of each so called phase. I won't stress and I'm not going to push. Our doctor isn't worried so neither are we. Until we have a crawler, I'm just going to enjoy the time I have with him playing and snuggling.
I might start crawling just to get away from all these hats!
~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment