Sunday, January 30, 2011

That was fast!

   The other night (Friday night to be exact), Adam and I were getting ready to put Harrison to bed. Adam was in the process of getting the PJs on. I pulled out the next one in the line-up but they looked a little small. Adam held them up to Harrison and sure enough, about 1 inch too short. Okay, no big deal. We had one more in the drawer. Held them up, same thing! An inch too short... Um... Hmm... The rest of the pajamas were in the washing machine waiting to be put in the dryer. What to do? We could just let him sleep in his clothes. Then my smart husband asked if we had any 12 month pajamas. We were in luck!! A family friend (thank you Mrs. Heminger) had gifted us some footed 12 month pajamas! Complete with Harrison's name on the front!
Oh yes, I love my colorful new pajamas!
   So after we got Harrison to bed, I was curious. Were all of his PJs too small? I looked up the size charts for every brand we had online. Sure enough the length for 9 month clothing ends at 29 inches. Oops, hope Harrison hasn't been too mad that we're shoving his 30 inch body into 29 inches worth of fabric.
   Yesterday's agenda including buying new pajamas. I hit every store in the mall that carries baby clothes. I learned a couple of interesting things.
      1.) Harrison is too long for 6-12 month PJs. (Yes he's not even 10 months yet.) 
      2.) Apparently when you hit 12 months, you're too old for footed pajamas. They were kind of hard to find. 
      3.) I will not pay $20 or more for said footed pajamas - I actually wouldn't pay over $12 for them. 
 
   After a "fun" afternoon of shopping and one worn out baby, I walked away with 5 PJs (size 12 month and 12-18 month!!!!), 1 shirt (hey it was under $5) and 2 long sleeved/pant rompers (so cute though). I guess it's time for another clothes clean out. Great. Right now we have quite the variety of sizes in Harrison's drawers. There's 6-9 months, 9 months, and 6-12 months.

I'm not ready for him to be big yet. Cue mommy panic attack!   
More pictures of ME and my new PJs!
~Emily

*Hope you enjoy the new addition to the blog - music!! (Yes Jane, that's Sting and some Police for you.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment