Over MLK Jr weekend we all took a trip to Ohio. It was an adventure to say the least. Adam and Harrison got there safely that Wednesday. No issues, no problems. I'm prepping you for later...
 |
| Guess who's in Ohio?! |
Thursday they loaded up and drove down to Harrison, Ohio to visit Grandma and Grandpa Thiele, Aunt Kara, Aunt Kelly, and Uncle Kristofer.
 |
| Eating my weight in Skyline Chili!! |
Oh and we can't forget Harvey, Jackson and Quilliam Shakespeare... yes that's Aunt Kelly's porcupine....
 |
| Checking out Quilliam. He's weird. |
Harrison and Adam stayed the night - Harrison got tons of Grandma snuggles!!!
 |
| Grandma, I'm really tired. I think it's my bedtime. |
The next day Adam and Harrison met up with some of our friends, Hudson and his mommy Maura. Adam and Maura go all the way back to high school. She's one of the few that was as stylish as he was in school.
 |
| Hudson's one cool dude! He had hair gel!!! |
Adam and Harrison headed back to Findlay but of course encountered some fun winter weather. We're a bit rusty since we haven't had winter yet (knocking on wood NOW!).
 |
| Someone doesn't care about looking at snow! |
Then we fastforward to Friday evening. Ugh. So after school I loaded up and headed to the airport for my 5:45pm flight. Everything was on time. I was
actually on time. It was great. Then as I'm going through airport security there is an announcement. My flight is canceled. Awesome. I go stand in line at the gate with maybe 10-12 other people (is this really all that's on our flight??). After 20 minutes, I get on another flight. The problem - I'm no longer flying direct. Instead I'm flying through Atlanta then up to Detroit. When I asked the gate attendant about my bag, she laughed... Like yeah, I wouldn't count on that. Oh fabulous - smart me has crammed my winter coat in my suitcase. Instead of getting to Findlay at maybe 10:30pm, I got there at 2:30am. But, my suitcase
did make it! Miracle! Adam and I slept until 11:30am the next day... wait for it.... Harrison did too! Adam had taken him to Uncle Daniel's basketball game the night before so he didn't get to bed until 10pm. Have I told you how much I love my kid?!
 |
| Don't worry - I'm not going anywhere. Helen's got me! Go Uncle Bubs!! |
Saturday was awesome (once we finally got up). We had a great lunch at a fun taco bar. Then that night the adults went over to a neighbor's house for the annual neighborhood soup competition. It was hilarious and very yummy!
 |
| Guess who ate all of the guacamole and limes? |
Sunday we hung around the house and watched lots of basketball. Pop had a fire going all weekend so Harrison was transfixed!
 |
| Pop - I'm the tickle monster!!! |
He also liked going into Pop and GJ's bathroom and closets... I don't know what that was about.
 |
| Don't bug me, I'm cooking! |
Monday we packed up and headed back out. We had a wonderful relaxing trip! Hopefully we'll be back in March!
 |
| We made it back home. It was Harrison's 20th flight. Yes, 20th. |
Until our next adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment