Part of the problem: I am by nature a night owl. I'm lucky if I'm thinking about bed before 11:30pm. Get me through 11pm and I'm capable of anything with my second wind. So let's mix ultra exhaustion with a baby and what do you get? You get grouchy me. Capable of going from 0-60 in seconds just like a fine sports car. I swear my hormones are still not quite right. Not that I've ever been a super patient person (don't ask Adam), but I now have no middle ground. I'm either calm and collective or on the floor throwing a tantrum like your favorite toddler. It's ridiculous but I can't stop it. I feel it rushing over me and wham! I'm overloaded with annoyance!
Tonight has been one of those nights. Triggered by lack of sleep, a huge tension headache, a crying baby in the car, and now an airline that managed to almost triple its ticket prices within one week. If you need me, I'll be in the corner flailing my arms, kicking my legs and screaming. TGIF - I couldn't have made it another day if I had to.
![]() |
| That's me as a sports car.... Beautiful isn't it?! |

Nothing stings like the bite of airline ticks! Happened to me twice in the last month. And anyway, you are installing a good healthy respect for you in your students. I suggest a dose of beer and brownies.
ReplyDeleteBrownies.... YUM! :0)
ReplyDelete