Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Time for a Doggy Story

    I can't give all the attention of this blog to Harrison. I know some of you want to hear about the puppies too. Here I go. First of all our dogs are pretty cool with Harrison. In the beginning they just wanted to sniff him to see what the big deal was about. Then when he would cry they would look at us as if to say, "seriously folks, this is NOT cool."
    Now? They could care less. Well, they could care less about the crying, fussing, talking, moving, laughing, and all that. They desperately attack anyone new that walks in the door, hoping for some pets and love. We're loving them (remember they sleep on couches and our bed all day/night), but I agree it's not quite the same as before.
    Sometimes when they feel like playing, they'll try to steal a baby toy or nip at his blankets or play mat. They might even sneak by Harrison for a sniff on the go. Eddie will come up and lick his hand or foot. I guess we miss some spots during bath time? My favorite part is they LOVE coming in his room when we wake him up in the morning or go in there to change him. Tootsie stays close to the door - she always has her eye on the closest exit - and Eddie lays ON Harrison's teddy bear mat. (The theme of our house is dog hair is good:0)) I think they're going to grow up to be great babysitters. It's about time they helped around the house!!
Gotta keep on eye on my baby! (Tootsie's not one for the camera so she's MIA.)
~Emily

2 comments:

  1. Awww! Eddie laying there is SUPER cute. I can't WAIT to see how my girls do with Baby K. I'm sure they will love him to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your doggies will be great! Ours only cared about the first week - after that, H became old news:0) We did bring home his hat from the hospital before he came home though. That way the doggies could sniff it and get used to his smell.

    ReplyDelete