What happens in Vegas...
I just got back from my wonderful Las Vegas weekend! And, it was amazing! Adam send my friend Ann and me for my 30th birthday present. We are two lucky girls. Not only was this our first trip to Vegas but it was my first time away from Harrison. I'm not going to lie, it was great to sleep in my own bed and not have to worry about a fussy baby, snoring husband or crazy dogs that have to go out at 5am. But being a nursing mother made sight seeing a little complicated (if you know what I mean...). Ann and I are not big gamblers so we spent most of the weekend trying to see and do all we could.
 |
| It's just insane! |
Friday was the day that never ended. We both caught a 6am flight and landed in Vegas around 11am. We went straight to the Bellagio and checked in to our room. After unpacking we explored the Bellagio and Caesar's Palace. It is crazy how big these casinos/hotels are!! Friday night Adam made us reservations at Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill. I got my own birthday candle on my dessert and our table neighbors sang "Happy birthday." After doing a little late night gambling (no we're not the big winners...), we went to bed around 1am.
 |
| Friday fun! |
Saturday we came out of the gate running. We traveled down The Strip and went through 9 casinos. We're crazy, we know. We went to the top of the Eiffel Tower at the Paris casino. We also went through Bill's Gambling Hall & Saloon, the Flamingo, Shea's, Imperial Palace, Casino Royale, Harrah's (where we won, then lost at Roulette), the Venetian (where we overpaid for a gondola ride), and finally the Mirage (where we picked up our Cirque de Sole tickets). Saturday night we headed back to the Mirage for our show, LOVE - the Beatles inspired Cirque de Sole.
 |
| Crazy Saturday! |
Sunday's goal? To attempt to play blackjack. We headed back to Shea's and while I lost my $20, Ann walked with $25. How does a math teacher lose money?? Seriously. By noon we checked out and started the trek back home. It was a great weekend, but definitely felt longer than 2.5 days. I was ready to come home and I think Adam and Harrison were too.
~Emily
No comments:
Post a Comment