Thursday, December 23, 2010

I'm not a baby anymore!

   Even though Harrison is only 8.5 months old, he's definitely not a baby anymore. It's bittersweet. I already miss the little nugget we brought home, but I love that he is beginning to become more independent and is developing a fun personality. Yesterday was the first day I did not nurse at all. It sounds really dumb, but I almost cried. Then I caught myself, I knew this was coming. Since Thanksgiving we began our weening dance. For the past 2 weeks I was nursing him at bedtime only. Last night we did bottle only. I'll survive and Harrison's ready to be a big boy. Did I tell you how much he loves his sippy cup?
My sippy cup is yummy! I chew on it all the time.
   Other changes? We have those top 2 teeth fully in! They just look so big in his mouth.
TEETH!!
   Harrison's also talking more and more. I love listening to him talk in the morning or when he wakes up from his naps. And, he's getting more hair in! Harrison's hair is a-growing and is super fluffy on the very top of his head. It's hysterical! Finally, he's venturing out to the world of standing. He hasn't quite gotten into crawling but he loves standing up. We were lucky that we had a friend looking to get rid of an activity table. Harrison LOVES playing with it and trying to push all of the buttons!
So many buttons to push!
   It's hard to believe that in 2 weeks he'll be 9 months old. Where is the time going?!
~Emily

3 comments:

  1. Big boy!! :)
    It makes me cry just thinking about when I'll have to stop nursing. I worried that when we go on our trip in January, he'll no longer want to or my supply will disappear. I'm planning on pumping as much as possible while we're gone, but 5 days in Vegas doesn't sound like an easy place to pump....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Set your phone's timer to remind you to pump. When I went, I kept losing track of time. I think that's when my supply started to dip. It's pretty amazing I made it this long. It was really hard to pump at work - sneaking away for 10-15min is harder than it sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm upset that i just discovered this blog right now.

    -john kenney

    ReplyDelete