Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Final Four anyone?

   The NCAA Final Four is this weekend. First time in two years Adam and I will not be attending. Two years ago, I got to experience my first Final Four and Championship game in Detroit. It was awesome! Yes KU wasn't in it, but yes I wore my green KU shirt to support the "home" team Michigan State. Too bad I had to witness a UNC victory. I'm still not over it. We did have amazing seats during the championship game, 7 rows back mid-court. (So we were sitting behind the ACC commissioner and I did everything but cuss... whoops... I'm sure when he saw my KU shirt he understood...)
I know - AMAZING seats!! Right behind us is Jay Bilas and Dick Vitale.
   The best part? Getting a picture with Coach Bill Self (KU's coach) during the Final Four games. I was a stuttering mess and almost climbed on top of the two people sitting next to us so I could get to the aisle.
I look so calm. I was freaking out. 
   Anywho, last year I kinda couldn't go. I wasn't supposed to travel after February. No big deal. I got to have my fun in Detroit. But, Adam asked if he could go to the games in Indianapolis. I know. Let the husband go out of town while 8 months pregnant? Seriously though, what could happen? It's not like I would go into labor four weeks early, Adam wouldn't be able to find an early flight back, I would be in labor only six hours, and he would completely miss the birth of his first child.... Right??? Well, that's what I thought. I had no problems with him going to Ohio/Indiana and having fun. At least one of us was getting to go. Adam left on Friday, April 2nd. 
Why would you stay at home when you could hang out with these two?
His famous last facebook status: "At the kc airport, heading to the peak homestead and then on to indy tomm for a lil basketball." 

My response: "It's cool. I'll just stay here pregnant with our firstborn... ;0) If anything happens, I WILL hurt you!"

Let's just say Adam's changed more than his fair share of poopy diapers!
And the countdown continues, ONE week until ONE!!
~Emily



No comments:

Post a Comment